We invite you to shape the future of Merative, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Post your ideas
Start by posting ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted and upvote them if they matter to you,
Post an idea
Upvote ideas that matter most to you
Get feedback from the Merative team to refine your idea
Help Merative prioritize your ideas and requests
The Merative team may need your help to refine the ideas so they may ask for more information or feedback. The offering manager team will then decide if they can begin working on your idea. If they can start during the next development cycle, they will put the idea on the priority list. Each team at Merative works on a different schedule, where some ideas can be implemented right away, others may be placed on a different schedule.
Receive notification on the decision
Some ideas can be implemented at Merative, while others may not fit within the development plans for the product. In either case, the team will let you know as soon as possible. In some cases, we may be able to find alternatives for ideas which cannot be implemented in a reasonable time.
Support Configurable Exit Codes for chunking & streaming batches to communicate higher number of skips with a configurable exit code
Our application has several hundreds Curam batches and most of the batches use Chunking & Streaming framework. The current Curam batch framework provides two exit codes the batches 1) successful 2) failed. The exit codes do not provide a way for the enterprise scheduler/operations to be notified in case of a large number of skipped records.
We have a variety of batches. Some batches are very critical in nature where even a single record being skipped is an operational support activity (not blocking for our nightly batch), some other where beyond a certain number of records skipped should result in batch being deemed as "operational failure" and requiring immediate intervention. Some batches process 100s of records a night whereas others process 100's of thousands of records.
Keeping above in mind, we propose that Curam extends its chunking and streaming framework to:
- support different exit code concept. It can be done in a completely flexible way (different exit code definitions for x skips or y% skips) or in a prescriptive way like below:
- Define "Successful run" - e.g. <0 skipped records or <1% skipped records) and actual skipped records meeting the definition. Exit code is 0.
- Define "Successful with skips" e.g. <10 skipped records or <5% skipped records and actual skipped records meeting the definition. Exit code is 200.
- Define "Failed due to high skips" e.g. >10 skipped records or >5% skipped records and actual skipped records meeting the definition. Exit code is 201.
- Current defintion of catastrophic batch failures (should not require newcode) in case of catastrophic error in launcher, exit code 1 is automatically returned.
- use a batch specific exit code configuration with
- % based data or hard number based configuration
- support definition of "Successful" execution
- support definition of "Successful with skips" execution
- support definition of "Failed due to skips" execution
- status - active or disabled indicating whether the configuration is to be used
- record the batch outcome in a database table (in addition to using exit codes). This would help in auditing batch executions (severly lacking in current Curam infrastructure irrespective of this enhancement request)
Type of Request
Help mature Curam batch framework
Usage frequency + #/type of users impacted
200+ of our batches running 2000+ processes every day